And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Cast Of Characters

It occurred to me that anyone stumbling across this blog might be confused by the way I address some of my colleagues. To clear up any confusion, here is the cast of characters I work with.

The owner-owner of the funeral home and my boss's boss.
My boss-partner of the owner and my immediate superior.
Takes A Day Off-one of our attendants, errand runner, and on-call guy. Given this nickname by me on this blog for his tendency to take as much time off whenever possible. For instance, only two and a half-weeks into the New Year and he's taken four sick days.
Returning Employee-previous employee who had left before I started working and came back about six months after I was hired. He's one of our embalmers and has taught me a lot in the prep room. We work pretty well together.
Secretary-no explanation needed, and I don't talk about this person much. We work very well together and I learned most of the paperwork and procedures by from this person.

4 Comments:

Anonymous lauren said...

dying to know (no pun intended) how your colleagues feel about your blog? do they even know it exists?
btw, found your blog when googling 'tech-bond' glue - it's great stuff!

4:01 PM  
Blogger Granimore said...

No, they do not know it exists, and God willing, they never will.

5:19 PM  
Blogger livingdedgrl said...

i love your blog because you exprience the same things i do, i thought i was nuts! and i hope for your sake as well as mine, that out bosses or co-workers never find out about our blogs!

12:06 PM  
Blogger Granimore said...

My wife is paranoid this blog will be discovered by my bosses, but I'm not too worried about that.

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT