And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Good Chinese Food

I usually don't post twice in the same day, but this has been on my mind, especially after our disastrous supper outing tonight. When I was in high school in Atlanta, there was a favorite Chinese restaurant I used to eat at frequently. This was the best Chinese food I have ever tasted, even better than the meal I had in Singapore while on shore leave in the Navy. When I first asked the woman who would become my wife out on our first date, I took her there for supper. The whole time we lived in Atlanta, we would eat there whenever we could afford to, which wasn't too often. When we left Atlanta for Greenville, SC, we tried to find a restaurant that was just as good as what we had left behind. Sadly, our search was fruitless. Apparently people in Greenville have no conception of what good, really good, Chinese food is. Eventually we gave up searching and stopped eating Chinese altogether.

Now that we are in our new home, we have been looking on and off these past couple of years for good Chinese food. I fear this market is even worse than Greenville. We've tried restaurants on the recommendations of friends, but this turned out to be disastrous, as nobody has recommended a winner yet. What they think is good and what we consider good are two completely different ends of the spectrum.

So this has left me wondering; am I being too snobby or picky? Or is it that, so far, we have not found any Chinese food to compare with what we had in Atlanta? I hope there is good food out there, I really do. There is nothing worse for supper than bad Chinese food, which is what we had tonight in our continuing search for a quality restaurant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT