And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

What We Have Here Is Failure To Communicate!

For the past two days I've been trying to track down the doctor for the death certificate on one of our calls. The person passed at a local hospital, yet there was no face sheet in the file. I called the hospital to get the name of the doctor, but was never able to reach him. I left a couple of messages for him, but never heard back. So in desperation I called the family to see if the person had a primary physician I could contact. I was informed by the family that there was no primary, which is why this person had been taken to the Medical Examiner for autopsy. I felt about an inch tall. Turns out this was an ME call, but nobody bothered to put it on the board or in the file. So about 2:30 this afternoon, I hop in the van and head off to the coroner's office to pick up the body and the death certificate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT