And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Sunday, December 06, 2009

Random Observations And Thoughts

Just a few random thoughts for today:
Every time we call a doctor's office and get a recording, without fail each and every office will start out by saying, "You have reached Dr. {Name}'s office. If this is a medical emergency, please hang up and dial 911."
I would like to think that people aren't so stupid that they would try to reach their doctor instead of an ambulance in a medical emergency, but 20 years of retail won't let me.

When older people call the funeral home checking on services, a lot of them will say something like, "When will Mr. Boddy be laid out?" I know what they mean, but in my mind laying out was what I did with my clothes for the next day when I was in high school. I would lay them out the night before so I could get dressed quickly. Younger people usually ask, "are there any services for Mr. Boddy?"

Why is it families wait until the most inopportune moment, like a Sunday afternoon, to call the funeral home and check on things like death certificates?

3 Comments:

Blogger Joqui Housley said...

lol... I know how you feel...

8:14 PM  
Blogger livingdedgrl said...

or to bitch about them NOT being ready! i really think people belive that death certs are comparable to Gold! as hard as i try to explain to them the process of getting them for the family, they are relentless!

12:16 PM  
Blogger Granimore said...

Most of our families are fairly understanding about DCs, but sometimes we have people who call every day until they are ready. I had one family asking for them even before we made the arrangements!

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT