And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Thursday, December 03, 2009

Just Too Funny

The other day the owner's wife sat down with me and started asking me about my day off. As you may know, I usually have every other Monday off. About once every other month, I will have to work on my day off due to the amount of business we may have going on that day. Every time this happens, the owner tells me that we need to figure out a better day off for me, but then he promptly forgets about it until the next time it happens.

So between myself, the owner and his wife (who is in charge of payroll) we decided to switch my day off to every other Friday, starting with the one tomorrow, which is also the start of our new pay period. Well, my boss had made plans a few weeks ago for a long weekend, starting today after work, and my owner left town today for a couple of days. So on my very first new day off, which was designed to avoid the issue of me having to work when I'm supposed to be off, I have to work.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joqui Housley said...

DOH! What a Homer moment :( boo...

8:16 PM  
Blogger Granimore said...

I did get this past Friday off, but I was on call after hours. We didn't get any new business that night, so it was like having a 3 day weekend.

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT