And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Making Up For Lost Business

This year has been slower than normal for us, but it seems as if fate is trying it's best to make it up to us. In November we averaged almost a call a day, which for our staff is quite busy. This month it started out slow, but things exploded over the weekend. We've had four calls since Friday night, plus several calls for the other location, and most of them were embalmed. They are either ship outs, burials, or full service cremations. Our prep room is so crowded we're having to put bodies onto stretchers instead of tables, simply because we ran out of tables. We've got visitation every night this week until Wednesday.

3 Comments:

Blogger Diane Wright said...

You make it sound like so much fun. I want to work there too!!

8:47 PM  
Blogger Granimore said...

Thanks for commenting! It can be very satisfying work, and no matter how bad things get, it's always better than being jobless or back in retail.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Granimore said...

Thanks for commenting! It can be very satisfying work, and no matter how bad things get, it's always better than being jobless or back in retail.

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT