And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Saturday, December 19, 2009

An End To The Madness

Things have finally calmed down. After our services Wednesday, we did get a couple of calls, but they were direct cremations. One of them was in the parking lot of a nearby shopping center. I did have one to embalm for ship out, so the owner came in and helped out, doing most of the work while I assisted. He did tell me the left arm was in need of fluid and that I would need to inject it before I left, then he went home, leaving me to finish up. Raising the brachial arteries is my weak point when it comes to injecting, so I was thinking it would take me a good 20 minutes to raise the vessel; fortunately a few minutes after making my incision, I found it hiding behind the tendon. I raised it, injected the fluid, got excellent results, then shut everything down and went home. I got called out a few hours later (about 1:30am), but that was nearby and took only a little while. Plus, I did not have to embalm. I made the call, then went home and climbed back into my warm and cozy bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT