And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a retired Funeral Director and Embalmer who started this blog in 2006 to document my transition from retail into Funeral Services. I'm not sure comments are working as of July 2026. If you have questions email me using the Email Me link below.

Email me

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I Should Have Feared

In my last post I talked about another solo embalming I was going to do. I'm sorry to say that despite my confidence, it did not turn out too well at all. The body was full of water, I got very poor circulation and poor distribution. I ended up working for 3 hours, and my case turned into a 6 point injection. Both carotid arteries, both brachial arteries, and both femoral arteries. Despite injecting the right leg, fluid was not moving at all. I ended up hypodermically embalming both legs and the torso. The only good results I got were going down both arms and going up the head.

However, despite the poor results, I take satisfaction in knowing that I was able to deal with it. I successfully raised and injected the arteries, and successfully treated those areas that did not get good distribution. The owner checked my work today and said everything looked good, which I will take as a compliment, considering the condition of the body.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT