And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Busy Start To The New Year

The business just keeps on coming. We closed out December with about 28 calls or so; right now in the New Year we're around 7 or 8. Almost a call a day for the past two months. We had a funeral every day last week, but as of last Friday our calls have all been simple cremations; no services or ceremonies. We did have an interesting visitation last week. The family was having a Mass, but during the visitation they asked us to turn on the microphone and turn down the music. Various friends and family got up to speak, and when they were done we turned the music back on. A few minutes later more people got up to speak, so we turned the music down. After they were done {again} we left the music off because it was almost time to leave for church. The family came up and asked us to turn the music back up, which we did. No sooner had we done that than someone else got up to speak. However, we got through it, got ready for church and all was well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT