And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Friday, November 28, 2008

Working All Weekend

I'm on call this weekend, and on top of that I'll be putting in some hours. We have a visitation Saturday from 1-4pm. On Sunday I have to be at work by 7:30am so me and Returning Employee can go to the crematory and bring a body back to the funeral home and prepare it for direct burial. Bathing, dressing, casketing, getting the hair done, etc.

I had a good Thanksgiving. We went to a friend's house. The plus side is no cooking, no cleaning. The downside is no leftovers. Still, I can live with that. I'm not a huge fan of leftovers, anyway.

We did have to come into work today; well, most of us. The secretary was conspicuously absent. We had three calls since close of business Wednesday, and we met with all three families this morning. Takes A Day Off was chomping at the bits to leave early. At one point he came up front where I was working on the files for our new calls and starts moaning and groaning about how he doesn't really need to be there. I pointed out that we had at least one death certificate he could deliver, and that I was working all day Saturday and all morning on Sunday. My exact words, after that, were, "so don't go feeling too sorry for yourself." He's off all weekend, so he was wanting to leave early. Which he did; about 3pm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT