And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Monday, October 13, 2008

Back From The Convention

My vacation ended today. I showed up for work expecting a full day. I knew we had one visitation, but when I arrived our call board was completely full. In the week I was off we must have had about a dozen calls.

I was very surprised, therefore, when the owner came into work and said we were going to the convention today. We left about 9:45 and arrived at lunchtime. We browsed the exhibits for a couple of hours, grabbed some freebies, and headed back about 3 o'clock. We stopped for lunch at TGI Fridays.

Also, at the convention I ran into my old teacher. It was great to see him and catch up on school news. They are remodeling their prep room, with the ultimate goal of eventually handling calls and doing embalmings.

Here are some photos. There were some antique cars on display. Unfortunately I was only able to take just a couple of photos before my batteries died. The last picture is all the freebies I ended up with. My teacher had two large bags full of stuff. I was a little bit more conservative in my sampling.














1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

I went to a convention in Orlando right around this time. Is this the same one?

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT