And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Taking Time Off

In my previous post, I was discussing my frustrations with working on my days off. Wednesday, we had a huge funeral. Probably 150-200 people, with about 20-30 cars in procession. Well, despite the huge turnout, which we knew was coming, one of our other employees was able to enjoy his day off!

I don't care anymore. I'm going on vacation a week from Monday. My boss will be at a football game that following Saturday. He was fishing around to see if I was going to cover the phones for him that day. I pointed out to him that I would be on vacation and the answering service could cover the phones. After all, we pay them whether we use them or not. We rarely do use them, as the owners like us to cover the phones ourselves as much as possible.

I'm not going anywhere on my vacation. My wife will have a couple of days off with me. We might take a day trip to see her Aunt and her Grandmother. All I know is, I won't be at work, and I won't be answering the phones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT