And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Saturday, September 20, 2008

I Spoke To The Owner

I spoke to the owner today concerning my frustrations with routinely having to work on my day off. I checked my time sheets last night; it turns out that in July, August and September, I have had to work on one of my days off. In addition, I also had to work last night, even though I was off call. I also mentioned this to the owner.

He understood my frustration and appreciated my candor. His only suggestion was to speak up when I didn't want to work on my day off. While that sounds good in theory, in practice it can get a little tricky. After all, it's not like we have a large pool of employees we can call in when needed. There's just six of us.

Still, it felt good to vent.

Mr. Takes A Day Off stopped by today while we were embalming a body. He asked about what services we had Monday. I pointed out that we did have a funeral, then asked him if he would be there, and that I was working on my day off so he had better show up! He said he would be in to work on Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT