And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

No Rest For The Weary

Last Monday was to have been my day off. However, due to the fact that the owner was out of town and we had a funeral, I was required to work. There is no other day this week I can take off, due to our schedule and services. I've been looking forward to this weekend, since I'm off. Now, it turns out, I'll have to work Sunday. We have a funeral, and their is a limousine, so I've been told I am to work.

Today we had four calls, and I went and got three of them. It started out at 6:50 this morning with my first call. I went and got him, then went home for a quick breakfast and a shower before returning to work. About 10:30am we get another call. Takes A Day Off went and got that one, while my boss and I worked the funeral that was going on. Right as we're getting ready to leave for the cemetery, a family walks in and tells us they want to use us because they just had a death. So me and Takes A Day did the funeral while my boss sat with the family.

After the funeral I took our two calls to the crematory, then stopped by the hospital to get our third call. Later in the afternoon we get a call from the emergency room at a local hospital; they have a body and the family wants to use us. So me and my boss went after that one. Three out of the four bodies were in excess of 250 pounds. Needless to say, I'm beat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT