And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Busy Week

It's been over a week since my last post. Most of that is due to a busy week, although some of it is indifference on my part. I conducted two solo funerals this week; one on Tuesday, and one on Friday. The Tuesday funeral was because my boss was on vacation, the secretary was out of the office, and the only person left to cover the phones was the owner. So I handled the funeral myself. It was a mass followed by cremation, so afterwards we simply brought the body back to the funeral home. The Friday funeral was a little different. We had two funerals that day; I took one and my boss took the other. The owner was out due to an appointment. My funeral concluded with burial at a nearby cemetery, so I took care of everything start to finish. Right in the middle of it all, we got a death call, of course. When I got back to the funeral home I found I was to sit with the family. Fortunately, they had come in the week before and made all the arrangements. All I needed was a couple of signatures from them and a date for the memorial service they were planning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT