And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Sunday, November 09, 2008

On My Soapbox

This is not a political blog, but every once in a very great while, I will have something to say in that regard. I am a conservative Republican and a Christian, and for the past eight years the Bush administration has been mocked, lampooned, satired, ridiculed, and downright attacked by those who disagree with him and his administration.

I was browsing a few of my favorite websites earlier today, and I found this link at www.imdb.com. The article talks about how The Daily Show might have a hard time surviving under the incoming Obama administration, and how it would be unethical and inappropriate to ridicule our first African-America president.

"And if you're an Obama fan — eager to give Barack the benefit of the doubt, and proud and excited about the change you've helped bring the nation — do you really want Jon Stewart sitting on the sidelines, taking potshots at your hero?"

Apparently they didn't have this concern for those who supported Bush. I won't say I agree with everything Bush has done over the years, but surely the office of President deserves more respect than was shown by various media outlets these past eight years. And many is the time I was enjoying some light-hearted entertainment on TV when an anti-Bush or anti-Christian or anti-Republican joke would seemingly pop up for no good reason.

"If President Obama's administration is the love-in that progressives hope it will be, we think it's awfully unlikely Stewart's heart will be in Obama-bashing."

The man has just barely begun to plan his administration and already we're gearing up for a "love-in"?

I invite you to read the entire article. Thank you for listening.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

You might also find this article interesting:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122584386627599251.html

11:46 PM  
Blogger Granimore said...

Thanks, Sharkbait, I did read the article and I'm glad someone in the mainstream media admitted to their bias and lack of respect.

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT