And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Monday, November 03, 2008

It's Happened Again

Once again I've had to work on my day off, although this time I'm not quite as distressed as I would be normally. My boss lost one of his childhood friends this weekend. The owner is out of town so I knew last night when I got the call that it would be best if I came in today. Not only because of that call, but we've had something like 7 calls since Thursday after close of business. Two of those are for shipping out of state, so I knew we would have a lot going on today.
I was hoping to be able to take tomorrow off, but right at 5pm we got a call we had been expecting, and I will have to go to the house tomorrow to make the arrangements. No rest for the weary, I guess. But no matter how tired I get, no matter how many days off I have to work, it still beats retail.

2 Comments:

Blogger Naomi said...

I would imagine that there is a lot more job satisfaction in what you do now than working in retail Granimore. It sounds like you do a great job there.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Granimore said...

Absolutely, there is. It is so satisfying and rewarding when someone tells you their loved one looks 10 years younger or so much better than when they were sick.

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT