And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Thursday, November 13, 2008

It's Happened Again, Part 2

Last night we got a call right before the close of business. My boss and Returning Employee went to get the body, and I stayed behind to wait for them, as we weren't sure if we needed to embalm or not, and I wanted to be there to assist, if needed. When they got back, my boss called the family and they gave us permission to embalm. Me and Returning Employee worked on that after we had a dinner break.

The family came in today and made arrangements. The funeral is on Monday, my day off. Guess who has to come in and work? I asked my boss that since I'm working yet again on my day off, could I take Friday (tomorrow) off? He told me yes, so I left early (about 3pm). I have to go in Saturday and help Returning Employee get the body ready. The family will be in around 11am for a private viewing; visitation for the public will be on Sunday.

7 Comments:

Blogger Anthony said...

Working on your day off again? It sounds like they're killing you!!

(Sorry, couldn't help myself)

I'd like to invite you to join in my three-year Blogiversary Celebration Carnival

11:43 PM  
Blogger Naomi said...

I hope your boss appreciates you for all the extra hours you put in Granimore.

P.S. I was just reading something on Yahoo news today about a US funeral company talking about setting up a cemetery on the moon! The mind boggles!

9:01 AM  
Blogger Granimore said...

The owner does appreciate me; I'm not so sure about my immediate supervisor. I think he takes me for granted.

Cemetery on the moon? That would be different. I've heard of an outfit that will send your ashes to the moon.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Granimore said...

At least I got to take Friday off, Anthony.

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So.....did you get to take Friday off, or did they call you at 2:00 am and said, "We need you here tomorrow."
DM Greenwood

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scratch the above statement. I didn't see your comment about Friday.

Here's what you need to do. Everytime you are asked to work your day off, find out right then when your replacement day will be. They might not be so quick to ask if you keep that up.
DM Greenwood

3:52 PM  
Blogger Granimore said...

You're right, DM, and I think I will start doing that.

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT