And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Wallpaper And Other Issues

We have new wallpaper up in our chapel, and we have most of the restrooms papered, as well. Unfortunately, in each restroom we ran short of paper. So we will have to pick up a few more rolls of each pattern and have the paper-hanger finish them at a later time. We are also installing new fixtures in each restroom. New toilet paper holders and new paper towel holders. I'll be glad when we get them fully finished.

One of our employees is having a bit of an attitude. He has to run errands all day saturday for the boss (not the owner). He told the boss that as of 6pm saturday, he is going home. But, he is still supposed to be on call this weekend. Today he tells me he's not going to be on call at all. I ask why not on Saturday? He tells me it's because he will be running errands all day. I tell him his errands end at 6, and after that he should be back on call. Then I ask him about Sunday, and he tells me he's not going to be around. It sounds to me as if he's just given himself the weekend off call, which is not proper as it is his weekend to be on call. So now, what do I do? Do I tell the owner? Do I tell the boss? Do I just let him have his way? I'm covering the phones for the next few days, and what happens if we get a call? Who am I supposed to call? I'm kind of pissed at being put in this situation. I'll probably end up having to talk to the boss about all of this. I don't like being a snitch, but it's not fair for this person to just lay his responsibilities on my shoulders. After all, this is supposed to be my weekend off, especially since the last weekend I was to be off I had to work a funeral, and then last weekend, when I was on call, I worked a funeral and then some. I worked about 7 hours on Saturday, and 2 hours on Sunday. Anyhow, I'll let you know what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT