And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Monday, May 07, 2007

When It Rains...

The entire time the owner was on vacation, we were very busy. Most of those calls, however, were either direct cremation, or cremation with viewing/visitation. Very few of those calls were full service burials.
This weekend we are making up for that imbalance. We had two calls come in Saturday, both of which call for full service burials. We had two calls come in this morning; both of those will be full service burials. Two of those funerals and burials will occur on Wednesday, about 100 miles apart. Our first funeral Wednesday morning is a mass at church, followed by burial at the National Cemetery. The second funeral, which will occur while we are en route to the cemetery, ends with a burial about 50 miles to the south. (The National Cemetery is about 50 miles north of us.)
This means somebody is going to have to drive our old hearse (1988) further than we really care to. It's so old and worn out, we don't trust it on long trips. However, I think we can get one more trip out of it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

uh, and what's the plan if halfway there you find that there is no more "one more trip outta her"?

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Granimore said...

Ordinarily, the plan would be to send the other coach and transfer the casket. Since the other coach will also be in use, then we would probably have to use our van to finish the job. Inelegant, but effective.

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT