And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Is There More To It Than Iced Tea?

What is it about Long Island, New York that makes it so special? Seriously, every family we get that is from Long Island or has family on Long Island has to make certain they let us know about it.
"And does Mrs. Smith have any brothers or sisters?"
"Yes, one sister, Mary Jane Schmoe, Bethpage, Long Island, New York."
"And where did Mrs. Smith move here from?"
"Mineola, Long Island, New York."
Could someone who is familiar with Long Island please tell me what makes it so special that people have to make sure you know that's where they are from? Is it like being from Beverly Hills or Palm Springs or West Palm Beach? Is it a super-secret club for people who are better than the average joe, or think they're better than the average joe? Or does it lessen the stigma of being from New York? Other than a really tasty alcoholic beverage, which, by the way, tastes awful when it's poorly made, and most people do make them poorly, what is the deal with Long Island?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog for a couple of months now. Your descriptions and insights into the world of being a Funeral Director are truely revealing for all of us "civilians" not in the field.

The fact that you are willing to pur forth such a momentous effort into learning the technology, writing and polishing the entries and assembling the photo section for us is to be commended. Especially so, in view of all that's going on in your life at this time -- i.e. taking your licensing exams, relocating your family to another state and embarking on a your new chosen career while seeing to the needs of your family.

Many people would be simply too taxed-out to devote the time and energy that you put into your fascinating blog.

From everything you've written, Its overwhelmingly evident that you've found your true calling in life. I wish you and your family all the best.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Granimore said...

Thank you so much for all the kind words; I really appreciate that you are enjoying what I have written and have taken the time to comment.

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT