And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Our Newest "Employee"


This is a squirrel that lives in the front yard of the funeral home. We've been able to get him to take food from us, to the point where he will take it out of our hand. He's even been known to get underfoot when we're outside, thinking he's going to get a handout. He's almost fearless around us; the leaf blower hardly bothers him.
Sometimes he will come to the front door and peer in, looking for someone to feed him.

Today he came to the door, so I went outside with some peanuts in my hand. I laid them on the ends of my outstretched fingers, thinking he would come up and take one. Instead, he ignored the peanuts and tried to eat my finger! Luckily, he did not break the skin or draw blood. If he did, I would be undergoing rabies treatments. From now on I will not feed him straight from my hand, but put the food on the ground for him to find.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwww! How cute!

1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT