And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Welcome Back, Mr. Owner

The owner returns to work tomorrow after a couple of weeks off. It will be good to have him back, as we have been so very busy since he's been gone. Today is the 21st, and we've had about 18 calls this month, most of them during his absence. It will be good to have an extra pair of hands around, especially since we have three funerals in the next two-three days.

In his absence I have sat with one family, conducted one funeral, led two processions and assisted in the embalming of several bodies, as well as various administrative/paperwork duties associated with handling funerals and death certificates and such.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh,
Sounds like my good ol' days! I'll bet the days went by very fast. They always do when you are busy.

DM

10:24 PM  
Blogger Sank said...

Hi Grainmore-
I've been reading your blog for the last year or so, maybe more than that. Anyway, just curious, in your business, when you say "sit with a family", what does that exactly mean? Is that where you work out the details of the arrangements? Is there counseling, consulting, selling involved? Is it something that you train for in school? Just wondering...

12:24 PM  
Blogger Granimore said...

Sorry about that, Sank. Yes, sitting with a family refers to making the arrangements, selecting the casket, planning the funeral, and all the other details such as information for the obituary, and other assorted details.

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT