And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My First Funeral

Tomorrow is the big day: my first funeral from start to finish. I will be responsible for getting the family to pay their final respects, exit the chapel and line up the cars for procession. I will be responsible for loading the casket and leading the procession to the National Cemetery. I will be responsible for unloading the casket at the cemetery and getting the family seated, and I will be responsible for getting them moving again once the ceremony is over. I think I can handle it, I hope I can, but you can be sure I'll be praying about it tonight.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck, but I don't think you need it!

Coral
xx

1:12 AM  
Blogger Sank said...

After following this blog for the last year or so, I'd be 100% comfortable with you doing anyone in my family. Knock 'um de.. Uh never mind. Good luck!

3:08 PM  
Blogger Granimore said...

Thanks, guys, I really appreciate the kind comments. Since the owner has been out of town, I've been doing a lot more in the funeral directing arena than I would be otherwise, and this has really helped me learn a lot and increase my confidence.

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT