And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Monday, January 22, 2007

Busy Month All Of A Sudden

This month started off very slow. By the 8th or so we had only received about 3 or 4 calls; today is the 22nd and we are now at 17. I haven't sat with any more families since my last post, but the boss is going out of town at the end of the month. He'll be gone a few days; and in February the owner is traveling for at least a week. I'm sure I'll be sitting with a couple of families in his absence. I hope I continue to do well and improve. The secretary told me today that she plans on taking some time off as well, since I am now familiar enough with the paperwork for her to feel comfortable leaving the office for a few days.

In my last job, I had responsibility: I was an assistant manager at a watch and clock store. But somehow, the responsibility I had there seems trivial and unimportant compared to what I am doing in my present position. At the store, the worst things I dealt with were people unhappy with their watch repair, or trying to return an item without a receipt, things of that nature. Here, I'm dealing with people who are going through real emotional turmoil. I have to present a sense of steadiness and calm assurance in order to put them at ease and help them arrange the final details. The difference between the two levels of responsibility sometimes seems almost overwhelming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT