And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Note that I didn't say the sanitized, politically correct, leftist approved "Happy Holidays."

I don't want to turn this into a political rant, so I'll just say that society cannot ever avoid offending all people at all times. Regardless of how you try to clean up, alter, revise, or avoid certain sayings, someone will be left out or offended or feel isolated. Jewish and Muslim peoples feel left out of Christmas because their religion does not allow that Christ is our Savior. Ok, that's what they believe, and I respect their right to worship as they choose. As a Christian, though, should I feel offended that Hanukkah decorations and observances neglect my belief system, or that, as a descendant of white European males, Kwanzaa makes me feel left out?

Do you see how utterly ridiculous this all is? Anyway, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last year we had a meeting at work talking about the "Holidays". For what ever reason the directors insisted upon everyone calling the "Christmas Tree" a "Holiday Tree".. Since it's a Holiday tree, I sent an email demanding that they put the tree up on Easter, the Fourth of July, Labor Day, and Thanksgiving as well...

3:20 PM  
Blogger Granimore said...

That's hilarious,and a great idea! However, I'm willing to bet they didn't go for it.

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No. :(. Apparently the "Holiday Tree" is only used on that holiday in December otherwise known as Christmas...

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT