And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Sitting With My First Family

I sat with my first family today, with the owner listening in from the next room. Overall, it went well. I missed a couple of details, such as whether the family wanted an obituary notice locally and/or in an out of town paper. I also explained our prices at the wrong moment, but I did explain them, sort of. I could have done a better job at that, but in part I split the blame between myself and my superiors. I could have been better prepared, as I knew last night this was coming, but they also could have done a better job preparing me, as well. Still, I am satisfied, as was the owner. He said I did good for a first time and not to worry about the small mistakes I made.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good for you!!

8:30 AM  
Blogger Granimore said...

Thanks! I'm so glad to have finally taken this step.

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT