And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Monday, November 27, 2006

Next Big Project

We bought new doors for the front entrance to the funeral home. We spent all day friday sanding them, staining them, and finishing them off with a coat or two of urethane. Once we get them hung, which will be this weekend, then we will take off some of the interior doors and sand them and re-varnish them. Hopefully this will not interfere with any further training I may receive.
We've hit a slow-down, with only about 16 or so calls for November. Most of those were direct cremations, but I did not sit with any of those families.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sank said...

Small business I guess, everyone has to do everything? Seems like you guys spend a lot of time on Funeral Home Improvements... I suppose there is down time... Hows the training going, are you getting quality time with the owner?

8:55 AM  
Blogger Granimore said...

Yes, we are a small funeral home, averaging about 250-275 calls per year. There are six of us: The Owner, The Co-owner (whom I refer to as My Boss), The Returning Employee, The Courier/Errand Guy, the secretary, and me.
We do most of our own maintenance and upkeep. The only thing we don't have to do is cut the lawn. We have a guy comes in once a week to take care of it.

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT