And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Things I Am Thankful For

I guess since it's Thanksgiving I should go ahead and list things that I am thankful for. Usually we do this around the dinner table, but this year it will be just me and my wife and son, instead of the whole extended Granimore clan.

I am thankful to God for watching over me ever since I arrived.
I am thankful to be doing work that I love, and to have a great boss.
I am thankful I am out of retail forever, and that I don't have to work retail this Black Friday, or any other holiday. Ever.
I am thankful to have a supportive family who came with me on this move from another state.
I am thankful for my family. Period.
I am thankful that I'm starting to be taught how to sit with families and make arrangements.
I am thankful we are done painting the funeral home (except for some minor trim work).
I am thankful for my Funeral Service teachers, David and Dedrick, who always had faith in me.
I am thankful for the wonderfully crisp weather we are experiencing this holiday season.
I am thankful I can finally enjoy Christmas, because of the third item in this list.
I am thankful that I have found happiness and enjoyment in life, after living the past 8 years without it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Granimore! I'm glad you're having a great year!!! Enjoy your day with your family!

10:21 PM  
Blogger Granimore said...

Thank you. Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas!

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I am thankful that I have found happiness and enjoyment in life, after living the past 8 years without it."

I am so sorry for the past, and hope you did enjoy your special day. Have a great weekend.

3:32 AM  
Blogger Granimore said...

Thanks, Coral. The past is behind me and I am truly, truly loving my life.
Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving! All is well here. Keep up the good work, if my team makes to a bowl game in your neck of the woods I'll look you up.
DM

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT