And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Thursday, November 09, 2006

A Fast Year

This year has just flown by for me. I made my move and started my job at the end of April, and next thing I know it's almost Thanksgiving. I cannot tell you how grateful I am that I don't have to worry about Black Friday. For all of you non-retail workers, Black Friday is the shopping day immediately after Thanksgiving; you know, when all the shops open at 5am and such and people line up in droves to get those bargains. I am so thankful to be rid of that life forever.

Work is going well for me. I'm still learning a lot and taking on ever increasing responsibilities. I still haven't sat with my first family, and I don't mind waiting for that one. I've been put in charge of a US Navy Burial At Sea for the cremated remains of one our families. I've been in contact with the Navy base in our state that handles that. I anticipate sending out the cremated remains Friday or Monday, at which time the Navy will send them out on the next outgoing vessel. The captain, at some point in the voyage, will hold a burial ceremony and either scatter the ashes or commit the urn to the sea. Once that is done, the family will receive a letter noting the date and time, as well as the latitude and longitude at which the ceremony occured.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT