And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Firsts

I was watching "Miami Ink" last night (I usually don't, but nothing else was on) and one of the workers, Yoji, is an apprentice. He had a customer come in and specifically request him to tattoo her. He was surprised, and nervous, and wondering if he would do a good job. This would be his first tattoo on a true customer. Apparently, he had been practicing on pieces of pig carcass and doing small jobs for friends. It occured to me, then, that I will be having "first" moments, also. My first solo embalming, my first time sitting with a family, leading my first procession, being in charge of my first funeral ceremony. It was a sobering thought. I believe I'm up to it, but I know I'll be like Yoji; nervous and wondering how I will do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT