And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Caskets And More Caskets

Today we received an order of 10 caskets. We stacked them up in the garage. Next week we will be receiving 45 more. That's not a typo, that's forty-five more caskets. Where we will put them all, I have no idea. Anywhere they'll fit, I guess.

Work has really taken off. We've had five calls since last Wednesday, plus a ship-in, which makes 6. This afternoon, we got our seventh call for the past week, which gives us a total of about 9 for the whole month. This puts us somewhere around 231 calls or so for the year, which is quite busy for a small funeral home like ours. Rumor has it if we break 300 we'll get a nice bonus. I hope this is true; I could always use a bonus.

1 Comments:

Blogger Granimore said...

Welcome back. How's the school preparation coming along? How much longer do you have to work your job? I know you're looking forward to quitting.

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT