And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

It's Been An Interesting Week

What started out as a slow weekend has evolved into a very busy week. As of Saturday we had no calls, then I take a death call. Me and the returning employee made that removal. I had the phones all weekend, and Sunday morning we get a call from another city. The family was there, along with the deceased, but they wanted to bring the body here for the funeral. We ended up losing that call to another funeral home, or so we thought, but apparently the other funeral home made promises they could not keep, and we ended up with the call after all. Right in the middle of all these phone calls and attempts to organize a funeral via long-distance, we get yet another call from the hospital, and I went and got that body. So in total we had three calls over the weekend, culminating in two visitations and three funeral services. It's been a busy week and I've learned a lot from fielding phone calls and listening to my superiors and watching how they deal with families.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT