And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Feast Or Famine

This week our work slowdown came to a screeching halt. By the time Friday arrives we will have held at least four different services and will have had at least five calls. Monday we actually embalmed two bodies, and Tuesday we embalmed a third. This is a radical change from our normal calls these past few weeks. The majority of those have been direct cremation with no viewing and no visitations. While a slowdown can be a good thing, in that it allows us to get the place back into sterling shape and our secretary gets a chance to get caught up on the volumes of paperwork, it's good to be busy again.

By the way, the 500+ pound body was cremated late last week. The container of ashes weighs twice as much as it should, which is not surprising. The crematory operator said that as soon as he cremated our large body, another one came in, this one at least 600 pounds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT