And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Not As Slow As I Thought

I've been saying in a couple of posts recently that we've been slow or it looks like we'll be slowing down, but really, August has been just as busy as other months. The biggest difference is nearly all of our calls recently have been direct cremations, with no services, no visitations, nothing. We've had about 13 calls this month, but only four or five have been full services. We had a call today, though, that will be a full service. The owner and I worked on the body, and once again he worked up to a certain point, then left me alone to finish. I like it when he does that, for two reasons. One: I get a littl nervous when he's around, and two: It re-affirms my belief that he is developing confidence in my abilities. He told me today that soon I will be sitting with families and making arrangements. This is the one area I had mentioned in a previous post that I felt was the most lacking in my training, so I'm looking forward to learning how to do this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT