And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I Think We're Going To Be Slow

We completed our last service today; everyone was back in the funeral home by noon. Yesterday my immediate supervisor went around to the various hospitals, nursing homes, and hospice facilities. He likes to introduce himself to any of the nurses he hasn't met, keep our name on their minds, and generally just do a little meet and greet and PR. He also uses these visits to get a sense of how things are going; how full the facilities are and so forth. The indications he received are that things are slow, with a lot of empty beds and no new patients coming in. This means that we don't have a lot of imminent calls pending, so it looks like we'll be doing a lot of busy work until things change.

1 Comments:

Blogger Granimore said...

More like brooms and mops! I spent all morning sweeping and mopping, had lunch, then did some work in the yard before finishing up with some more cleaning in our prep room.

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT