And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Thursday, August 03, 2006

I Have A Hobby

In one of my previous posts, I mentioned that I had some extra time on my hands since I wasn't in school anymore. I have decided to take up counted cross-stitching once again. Yes, I'm a guy, and, yes, I cross-stitch. I started about 17 years ago, or somewhere around there. My wife was doing it, and I decided I wanted her to show me how, as I figured it might be something we could do together. I did it for many years, but eventually became burned out, as it is very tedious and very time consuming. The picture you see is one I did for my father's birthday one year. It's called "Hollow Horn Bear" and the pattern is published by Leisure Arts. This project took me about six months of work.

But since I now have some extra time, I've decided to get back into it. I've started my first project, and it will probably be another six-month long (or longer) endeavor. When it's finished I'll be glad to show it to you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

I do that, too. I go for a while, get burned out, go for a while, get burned out. The laptop takes up all my spare time right now, though, so needlework is on the back burner for me.
I like to do the long projects, too...they're challenging, and oh-so-rewarding when finished!
Love the Indian. My hubby would like that one :)

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT