And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Friday, July 14, 2006

I Actually Felt Like A Funeral Director

I got up at 4am this morning to take the international ship-out case to the airport. When I returned, I had a cup of coffee or three, read the paper, and did a little light cleaning while waiting for the rest of the crew to arrive. We had absolutely nothing going on this morning, so I was anticipating another day of landscaping, or cleaning, or painting, or some such necessary tasks. About 8am we get a death call, so me and my boss leave to make the removal. When we return, we get the body on the table, get him ready to embalm, and I had just raised the carotid artery when we get yet another death call. My boss goes to make this removal solo while I stayed behind and finished raising and cleaning the artery and preparing the solution for injection. When my boss returns, we get the second body ready. This one was a cremation, but the family wanted to see their loved one once more, so we got her dressed and put her on a cot and placed her in the chapel. Once we finished taking care of the bodies, we started on the paperwork. Our secretary was off today, so my boss and I took care of it. I printed death certificates, filed burial transit permits, printed social security forms and typed obituaries. It was very refreshing to finally act like a funeral director instead of a landscaper, painter, janitor, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT