And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Unbelievable, Yet Sadly True

Today was a limo day. I had to pick the family up at their home at 8:45 and return them to the funeral home by 9am. The funeral was at 10 at a local church, followed by burial in a nearby cemetery.

The wife? Fiance? Girlfriend? Companion? I don't know what her relationship was to the son of the deceased, but this person actually brought a six pack of beer to the funeral! Beer! At a funeral! At a church! At 10am! What kind of desperate alcoholic was she?

When we got to the church, rather than go inside, she walked to the corner of the parking lot, sat down on the curb and proceeded to drink her beer. She did not budge (as far as I know) from her spot for the entire funeral, abandoning her boyfriend in favor of her beer. I don't know if she didn't want to enter the church because she wasn't a believer, or if she was just so addicted to her morning beer that she couldn't give it up for even a day.

Once we got to the cemetery, she wandered off, refusing to have anything to do with the ceremony. When we were finished, the family actually had to go searching for her. They found her after a few minutes; she had wandered into some nearby woods. Our guess was she had to take a piss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT