And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Monday, June 26, 2006

Cremation? Burial? Entombment?

Cremations are a very large percentage of our business, but I personally would not want to be cremated. I would like to be buried in a National Cemetery, complete with a flag-draped casket, military honors, and a flag-folding and presentation to my next of kin. Some people are entombed, laid to rest in an above-ground niche or crypt. Some are cremated, and the remains are buried or put in a niche, or you can just hang on to the ashes and keep them around the house.

One of the projects we had to complete in our Psychology class while I was in school was to write our own obituary and plan our own funeral, complete with music, people to give the eulogy, our final disposition and resting place; the whole works. My son said it creeped him out and he didn't want to hear any details. My wife said for me to keep it and put it where she could find it if anything happened to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT