And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Never Wait Until The Last Minute

I learned an important lesson today. When I left work yesterday, the only thing we had going on was a visitation for today at 2pm. The only thing that needed to be done was print the memorial cards and a sign that says "Donations in the name of {the deceased} may be made to {insert charity of Family's choice}." Lo and behold, when I arrived at work, we had received several floral deliveries, which needed to be put out. This meant rearranging the existing flowers that we had set up yesterday. In addition, the phones are ringing while I'm trying to get this done (I was all alone in the funeral home), and I had to redo the charity sign because there were two charities of choice and I had only listed one. I had to make up address cards for the second charity (we had self-addressed envelopes for the first one) and right in the middle of all this, a gentleman came in to pay his respects because he would not be able to come later in the day. The lesson I learned is, if you have something that needs doing and you have time to do it, then go ahead and do it. Don't say, "I'll do that in the morning" because you don't know what the morning will hold. We could have gotten a death call and I would have had to leave to make the removal. Fortunately, I was just finishing up everything when the family arrived, and they were pleased with our arrangements.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT