And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Friday, June 16, 2006

I Got A Kiss!

Today we had a visitation and memorial service combined. The deceased was being cremated, but the family had a viewing. After it was over, one of the mourners came up to me, kissed me on the cheek and told me to take good care of her, meaning the deceased.
That is one of the reasons I got into this business; to help people at a difficult time in their life. I cannot tell you how touched I was that this happened. It is so much more satisfying to go home at the end of the day, knowing how much you've helped, as opposed to my old job where the best you could hope for was to not have anyone yell at you because their watch was still out for repair.

On a separate note, I have a new cell phone with camera, so I'm trying to liven up my blog with the occasional picture. I hope you enjoy the change.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sank said...

Wanted to drop a note to tell you I really like your blog. Well written and a very interesting subject. I'm going to add you as a link on mine if you don't mind.

2:00 AM  
Blogger Granimore said...

Thank you for your kind comments; I appreciate you taking the time to comment and I appreciate the link.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Love the pics! The kiss, those intimate connections with people we don't even know are so special. Good job, Granimore...

11:11 PM  
Blogger Trouble said...

You know, the people at the funeral home made my grandma look so beautiful and peaceful at the funeral. It made all of us feel so much better, that she looked so beautiful.

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT