And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Thursday, June 15, 2006

I See Dead People

One of the things I like most about my job is my limited interaction with the public. For those who may not have read my initial post, I come from a background of 20 years in the retail sector, and by the time I left I had lost all faith in the intelligence of the average shopper. To see why, click here and read a few of the stories from those poor souls who are still trapped in the Hell on Earth known as retail. But working in the funeral home has freed me from dealing with the general public. Yes, we do have visitations and we do have people coming in and out at those times, but by and large they are there to support the families and usually have very few requests to make. I've been at my job for about 6-7 weeks now and I still love it every bit as much as my first week. Maybe even more so.

1 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Very interesting link. I love the customer encounter stories, unbelievable!

5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT