And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Monday, June 05, 2006

Home Alone

Our son left today for his summer job in Oregon. He will be gone two and one half months. It will be unusual not having him around this summer, but I'm sure the wife and I will adapt. He's very excited about this opportunity and just called from Houston to let us know he made his connection and will be leaving on the second leg of his flight soon. I'm very proud of him for doing this.

In the meantime, work has been going well. We were very busy last week, but unless we get some more calls, this is shaping up to be a slow week. Tomorrow we have a 9 'til 11 visitation followed immediately by the burial, and after that, we have nothing. Perhaps we will start cleaning out the flower beds this week. I'm told that's a job that takes about two full days, and I hate yard work, so I'm not looking forward to that at all. Still, no matter what we do at the funeral home, it's better than being at the mall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT