And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Another Limo Day And Family News

Today I got to chauffer another family to the National Cemetery in our state. That is a nice little drive, and the cemetery is really nice. Even so, I'm told that other national cemeteries are even nicer. I suppose you may have heard the news by now about how an employee of the Veterans Administration took home personal information on about 25 million veterans, then had a break- in at his house and this information {which was on his laptop and other portable storage} was stolen. I am one of those 25 million affected, it would appear. I only hope nothing comes of it.

Anyhow, today was very pleasant. I have started the paperwork to receive my apprenticeship papers and begin interning as soon as all the paperwork goes through. I still have to get my diploma, which should be arriving any day, and I need an official transcript from my college. I will order that as soon as possible. I emailed the school about my diploma, but have not heard back from them yet.

In family news, my son has accepted a position as camp counselor at a place called Canby Grove He leaves June 5 and is very excited about this opportunity to serve the Lord. He will be gone until the latter part of August. My wife and I are not going to know what to do without him. We love him very much and will miss him terribly. We are very proud of him for wanting to do this, and I believe it is God's will. When he found out about the move, he arranged for a transfer to the Chick-Fil-A here. When he arrived he found out they really won't need any help until the latter part of August. Is that an amazing coincidence or is that God opening doors? I vote for God. This will be my son's first airplane flight. I hope he enjoys the experience and I pray for his safety while traveling and while at camp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT