And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Infants

All through school I kept hearing how most people already in the funeral business have the hardest time dealing with infant deaths. Today I experienced my first infant case, and I have to tell you, it didn't bother me like I thought it would. Yes, the death of an innocent baby is tragic and sad. But when we put the baby on the table, it just didn't seem like a real human. It was like working on a replica or a facsimile of a human being. I had a fellow student tell me once that it wasn't babies that bothered him the most, it was small children. He said babies don't have the personalities and interpersonal communication that small children have, and that they haven't begun to live their lives the way children have. I don't know if I explained that well, but I don't know how else to describe it. Anyhow, if this sentiment offends you, blame him; I'm just repeating what he said.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

The babies and children don't bother me, it's the suicides.

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT