And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Family Reunion And Stretch Limos

My family has arrived! They came in Sunday around 2pm and we spent the rest of the afternoon getting the truck unloaded. We are slowly getting the apartment set up, but it's a chore. I will be without internet access for another week or so. I'm typing this at the local library.

Work is busy. I left last night and we had three bodies in the prep room. I came in this morning and there were two more. Monday we had a burial at the national cemetery. For those who may not be aware, veterans who were not discharged dishonorably are entitled to a free plot in any national cemetery. I drove the family up (it's about an hour away) in the stretch limousine. Of course, I was nervous about driving such a large car, but once we got rolling it went smoothly. You may have noticed I'm somewhat apprehensive about driving these larger vehicles, but now I've driven almost every vehicle in the company fleet, and I'm no longer nervous.

Tomorrow I get to play chauffer once again; I have to pick up a family at their home in the morning and bring them to the funeral home prior to the service. So far I am still loving my job. I know it's only been a month or so, but I'm truly happy. My family is thrilled to have rejoined me, as am I, and we are together at last.

1 Comments:

Blogger Granimore said...

Thank you for saying so. I'm glad somebody reads this thing. I read yours, too, and I still say you should have gone to Nashville to see Cirque De Soleil.

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT