And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

A Very Close Call

Today was another slow day; a chance to catch up on some paperwork and other menial tasks that cannot be accomplished while conducting visitations and funerals. I was asked to drop off some paperwork at the Vital Statistics bureau, where death certificates are issued. I also ran the deposit to the bank and went by the crematory to pick up cremated remains to return to the family. Upon my return to the funeral home I thought I would back the car into the garage, which I did easily. I parked, got out and saw immediately how very close I came to catastrophe. I had stopped the car about 3 inches away from a dozen or so caskets standing on end. Had I even bumped one slightly, I would have toppled most, if not all, of them, resulting in the irrepairable damage of about $20 to $30 thousand dollars worth of merchandise.

June 17, 2006. I have posted this photo, taken with my new cell phone, to show you the caskets in question. Behind the 4 you see, there are at least 4 more, and when I had this encounter, there were at least 3 or 4 more present that have since been sold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT