And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Monday, April 24, 2006

I Have Arrived

Well, I was pretty accurate about my prediction for the travel time involved. I left at 5:30am and arrived at 6:30pm, so I was on the road 13 hours. It wasn't all straight travel time; I made frequent and lengthy stops to allow the car a chance to rest, and I did not drive over 65mph. A good thing, too, because on one lengthy stretch of the interstate I saw at least a dozen, if not more, cops keeping an eye out for speeders.

Tomorrow I will go get my haircut and get settled in and then call the funeral home and let them know I have arrived and am available to start Wednesday.

After 5 years of school and 5 years of looking for a job, I am still dazed and amazed that I'm finally here. At one point during the drive I just kept thanking God over and over for the opportunity, for all of my blessings, for the beautiful day to travel, for the landscape and the scenery and for keeping me safe during the trip and keeping the car in good working order.

Thank you, Lord, for everything.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alucard said...

That's so awesome. Everything seems to be coming together :D You know, they say everyone gets a "perfect" feeling once in their life, when everything seems to be, well, perfect. This might be yours. Good luck!

12:22 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Congratulations, Granimore, and good luck!

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT