And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I'm Proud Of My Son

I know I have entitled this blog "And So Begins My New Life," but it's not always about me. I can't always come up with some appropriate post concerning my transition from retail to funeral services. Previous posts have covered my Grandparents, the Navy, my profile photo and nickname, and various other topics not related to my blog theme.

Today I am adding another off-topic post.

My son came to me tonight after church service and said he had a burden for his generation. During one of the revival sermons this week, the preacher said that only about 4% of people my son's age are saved. This hit home with him, as he has many friends who, by observing their lifestyle, appear to be unsaved. I'm not saying all of his friends are lost, but if they are saved, it does not always show in their music, their language or their behavior. Not that his friends are bad kids; far from it. I like every one that I've met and they are welcome in my home any time.

So my son is concerned about how to witness to them. When we returned home from church services, I began an internet search on witnessing tools. I found this article concerning Share Jesus Without Fear, which I emailed to him. Perhaps tomorrow we can go to Lifeway and pick up some materials that would be of help to him. I'm proud of him for caring enough about the eternal welfare of his friends to be motivated to help. He's a fine young man and I love him very much. I'm proud of you, son.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT